It took me a couple of years after starting to use Gmail to start actually using Google Calendar and now that I have, I can highly recommend it. It is a fantastic online tool to help keep you organised. It is easy to set up and quite intuitive to use.
1. Setting Up Google Calendar
2. Add Your Personal Information
3. The Main Google Calendar Page
4. Changing Google Calendar Settings
5. Changing Google Calendar Date Format
6. Changing Google Calendar Time Format
The green arrows highlight options worth changing, the date format as discussed above, I prefer to change the time to a 24 hour clock and to have my weeks starting from Monday. Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure you save the new settings.
7. Creating Events in Google Calendar
- On the calendar at the time you want to create an event simply double click and it will open up an event details pop up box.
- Click on the create event tab has highlighted by the green arrow above.
8. Adding Event Details
9. Set Up Google Calendar
You will then be returned to the main calendar page and your event will be on the allocated date. You will also have a message at the top, as highlighted by the green arrow, letting you know what action has just taken place.